Avicenna Health Centre hosted a successful Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public on Tuesday the 29th of August 2017. See pictures from the event below.
The event was well attended, mixed with members of the general public, registered patients, local healthcare providers and surgery staff, as well as a member of the Southwark CCG and PPG Team.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with the Practice Manager, together with new and long standing staff members of the practice. The event helped to raise awareness about a number of local healthcare service providers, all of which are accessible through the surgery for patients and residents of Southwark. Patients also had access to refreshments and free mini health-checks.
The event provided a great platform for local healthcare services to engage with one another, promoting a holistic and community based approach to healthcare.
The local services that attended were:
- Southwark Wellbeing Hub, a service providing information and support to anyone living in Southwark who is worried about their wellbeing, or that of someone close to them.
- Southwark Carers, who aim to make a positive difference to the lives of unpaid carers in the diverse communities of Southwark by providing them with a range of services, support and recognition.
- Yes to Life, a charity that aims to empower people suffering from Cancer.
- Specsavers offering Hearing advice from qualified professionals.
- AGE UK Lewisham and Southwark
- A member of the Southwark PPG and CCG Team.
AT Medics were delighted to host this event, and extend special thanks to the practice team and services who made this all possible.