Falmouth Road Practice hosted a successful Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public on Thursday the 7th of September 2017. See pictures from the event below.
The event was well attended, mixed with members of the general public, registered patients, local healthcare providers and surgery staff.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with the Practice Manager, together with new and long standing staff members of the practice. The event helped to raise awareness about a number of local healthcare service providers, all of which are accessible through the surgery for patients and residents of Southwark. Patients also had access to refreshments and free mini health-checks.
The event provided a great platform for local healthcare services to engage with one another, promoting a holistic and community based approach to healthcare.
The local services that attended were:
- Southwark Wellbeing Hub, a service providing information and support to anyone living in Southwark who is worried about their wellbeing, or that of someone close to them.
- Southwark Carers, who aim to make a positive difference to the lives of unpaid carers in the diverse communities of Southwark by providing them with a range of services, support and recognition.
- Yes to Life, a charity that aims to empower people suffering from Cancer.
- RSBC, a charity offering advice and support for blind children.
- The Alzheimer’s Society, supporting those suffering with Dementia.
- Lambeth and Southwark Mind
- AGE UK Lewisham and Southwark
AT Medics were delighted to host this event, and extend special thanks to the practice team and services who made this all possible.