Silverlock Medical Center hosted a successful Tea Party for all members of the public on Thursday 19 July 2018.
The event was well attended, mixed with members of the general public, registered patients, local healthcare providers and surgery staff.
Attendees had the opportunity to meet with old and existing staff members of the practice. The event was to celebrate the NHS turning 70 years old, and gave attendees the opportunity to have their shingles vaccinations. Patients also had access to refreshments.
The event provided a great platform for local healthcare services to engage with one another, promoting a holistic and community based approach to healthcare. The local services that attended were:
- Southwark Carers, a charity set up to provide support and services to all people who care for others, including guidance and coping strategies, explaining carers rights, and activity groups and outings.
- Link Age Southwark, a vibrant local charity providing volunteer support to over 600 isolated, older people in Southwark. Some of the services they provide are one-to-one befriending visits, activity groups, and practical support.
- Members of Southwark CCG.
- Time and Talent, a charity with the aim of designing creating a happy healthy connected community, by working with groups such as isolated elderly people and disabled groups.
- Age UK, a charity that tries to aid older members of the public, in a variety of ways, including health and care advice, campaigning and research, and befriending schemes.