Falmouth Road Group Practice will be hosting a Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public on Thursday 7th September 2017 between 2.00pm and 4.00pm – all are welcome to attend. See poster below.
The event aims to raise awareness about and allow patients to experience a number of local health and social care service providers accessible through the surgery for our patients as well as other residents of Southwark.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet PPG representatives and members of practice staff, particularly newer team members, and will be treated to FREE mini health checks, whilst younger visitors can enjoy FREE face painting.
The services due to attend are:
- Southwark Wellbeing Hub are a service providing information and support to anyone living in Southwark who is worried about their wellbeing, or that of someone close to them.
- Southwark Carers aim to make a positive difference to the lives of unpaid carers in the diverse communities of Southwark by providing them with a range of services, support and recognition.
- Yes to Life, a charity that aims to empower people suffering from Cancer.
- Royal Society for Blind Children, a team on a mission to make sure every single blind child has the self-belief and skills to fulfil the potential we know they’ve got.
- Alzheimer’s Society, who provide support to those suffering with Dementia and their carers.
A number of other services will also be present for the whole family to benefit from.
AT Medics practices schedule regular PPG meetings with SMS reminders, dedicated PPG notice boards and a translator if necessary, and are delighted to be hosting this event at Falmouth Road Group Practice.
Falmouth Road Group Practice is committed to delivering high quality care focused on patient needs and safety, and is working to achieve clinical improvement through the implementation and advancement of quality systems, as well as continually reviewing and investing in training and education of staff.